[rt-devel] Progress

Tobias Brox tobiasb at tobiasb.funcom.com
Fri May 5 20:25:26 EDT 2000

I can really say that things are not going as planned - but anyway I
feel that I've done _something_ right today.

I have peeked at Log::Dispatch v. 1.11 from CPAN, and I really liked
it - it seems quite a bit better than STDERR.  There should also be a
new and better version of Log::Dispatch propagating through CPAN as I
speak.  Unfortunately I ended up wasting quite a lot of time
discussing world politics with the Log::Dispatch author.

I fixed the config.pm to log errors (and debug statements) to a file,
and added some comments in the config.pm; I think it generally might
make sense using syslog and/or mail.

It seems like Jesse has done the cleaning job removing the old debug
printings.

I also fixed (untested) a better system for handling possible loops.
Now it sends a critical log message, which (if configured for it)
might generate a mail to an administrator.  The possibly looping mail
is recorded in RT, but the mail should be resent out from RT.

Except for that, I've fighted with really a lot of weirdness with
(among others) Sys::Syslog, *.ph and Mail::Fields and others - maybe
perl 5.6.0 isn't that stable after all.

--
Tobias Brox
aka TobiX