[rt-devel] Troubles w/ RT2 1.3.69 Mail Commands...

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 4 16:59:09 EDT 2001

On Wednesday, April 04, 2001 16:34:28 -0400, jesse at fsck.com wrote:
+----
| I suspect that "the right thing to do" would be to do the mail-command
| mode as a completely seperate tool from the user-mode mail gateway.
| Among other things, that would probably speed development and make it
| easier for sites to deploy without fear of clobbering their
| incoming mail interface.  That would also decouple it from the core's
| release schedule, which means that folks won't have to wait for 2.2 to
| get a stable mail command mode :)
+--->8

Ideally it would also be possible to use the command mechanism with some
source other than mail as well; I've done a little hacking on RT1 to
support commands over authenticated zephyr, but it requires a fairly
complete rewrite of the action mechanism in RT1 so I didn't get very far on
it.  Something which can be fed a random file or a Perl string would be
useful for that.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
allbery at kf8nh.apk.net system administrator        [WAY too many hats]