[rt-devel] cmd line ticket creation

Dale Bewley dale at bewley.net
Thu Apr 19 14:30:40 EDT 2001

I'm using RT 1.0.6

I looked thru the contrib dir and I don't see what I'm looking for.

I'm building a php app that takes an order and manipulates data in our
database. At the same time I need to create a ticket for the provisioning
group and place that ticket number in the db with the order.

So, I need a way to create that ticket and get the number back. I'll
probably just shell out to a perl script. I looked at
manipulate::cli_create_req and it is not suited for that.
It requires interactive question answering.

So I'm going to write a little wrapper that will use rt::add_new_request()
to create the ticket. I'll post it here when it's done. Should I take the
time to make it a sub in manipulate.pm and provide a patch? Call it
something like cli_create_req_noninteractive (i can't think of a good
word). It could then become an option on the rt CLI.

p.s. www.fsck.com apparently has it's default data type set to text/html.
Can you change that to text/plain? Documents like this are really
difficult to read:
 http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/xrts-0.1.tar.gz.README

--
Dale Bewley - Bewley Internet Solutions Inc. http://bewley.net/