[rt-devel] Requestor email

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Dec 6 16:37:07 EST 2001

So. The reason that I set up RT _not_ to do this was because requestors
get really confused and annoyed when RT sends them copies of all mail they
send in.  Not to mention the poorly-behaved autoresponders who get really
chatty.

Turning off this behavior is as simple as commenting out the following lines in
lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm:

    #Strip the sender out of the To, Cc and AdminCc and set the
    # recipients fields used to build the message by the superclass.
    @{$self->{'To'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @To);
    @{$self->{'Cc'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @Cc);
    @{$self->{'Bcc'}} = grep (!/^$creator$/, @Bcc);

If you want to submit a patch to Notify.pm and the config file to
make this behavior configurable, I'll take it.  When the 2.2 branch
exists and has per-user configuration, it is my intent to make this
a per-user configurable behavior.

How does that sound?
	-j