[rt-devel] Requestor email

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Thu Dec 6 15:48:05 EST 2001

Just a quick request/peeve/vent/curious-as-to-why question..

Could it be made possible that email should be sent to the REQUESTOR no
matter what.. even if the administrator generating the reply is the same
as the entry in the REQUESTOR field?

It seems that if "Rich.West at wesmo.com" is the requestor, and I reply to
that ticket (my email address is listed as Rich.West at wesmo.com in the RT
user database), the ticket record gets updated per my reply, but no
email gets sent.

While this may sound like a good thing ("What insane person would want
to get an email that they wrote to themselves), it really makes
debugging email problems, ones that include RT in the scenerio, difficult.

I will probably make the change locally, but, when it comes to Jesse and
RT, I like to keep in line with the RT design rather than creating
another 'branch' of my own.. :)

-Rich