[rt-devel] Tonight's incomplete proof-of-concept bad-idea code

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Dec 24 09:09:09 EST 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> An RT IRC bot. the code's messy as hell. IRC's not at all secure.
> I suspect that this bot's authentication is even more dodgy than most.
> You don't want to run this code at all. But you ESPECIALLY don't want to run
> it on a public IRC network.

Has anyone mentioned lately that you're a touch scary at times?  I mean,
really scary ;)

But, I'm sure that one of the irc networks with services (and a bit of
codework to let this authenticate off the irc service daemon) might pick
it up to track various outages/DOS attacks/best places to get sushi.

                                                                        NCC
                                                                 Operations