[rt-devel] Users authentification from LDAP

Atif Ghaffar atif.ghaffar at 4unet.net
Fri Jan 12 12:39:23 EST 2001

Hi rt-delevelopers.

We are in need of a trouble ticketing system that we want to deploy in
our architechture.
We have all our users in an LDAP directory and all information that you
need in the table "users"
can be retrieved from there.

Is it possible to get rt work with an LDAP server for fetching user
informations?
I  had a very quick look at some code and see that users table is needed
cause rt is using sql to get username etc from users to show with
queues.
We want to avoid duplication of data.

I just would like to know if rt-team is interested to give LDAP as the
user-management backend and if there is already some code for it.
I will hack rt this weekend so it works with LDAP/DB.

If this functionality is of interest, we will be happy to contribute our
code to rt.

thanks && best regards

--
Atif Ghaffar