[rt-devel] Users authentification from LDAP

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Fri Jan 12 14:54:36 EST 2001

Hi, Atif,

        You should take a look at RT2.  We've got the basic code in place to
allow RT to use an external system to get user info (though we've not yet
implemented any external authentication / user info providers.)

If you folks wanted to start looking at the right ways to do that, we'd
be overjoyed.  Folks have talked about auth based on SSL certs, kerberos 4,
kerberos 5, and LDAP though I don't believe anyone's actually tried an
implementation yet.

        -j