[rt-devel] Apache memory usage

Swan Lance Lance.Swan at coates.com
Thu Jun 14 11:32:04 EDT 2001

Hi,

Not sure if I'm just doing something dumb (no comments required :)), but
whenever I start up Apache with RT2 enabled, each httpd process starts with
an initial memory usage of about 28MB. If I startup without RT2 enabled,
each httpd process starts with a much more reasonable memory usage of 8.5MB.

Since my little server only has 64MB of RAM, it's not long before it starts
swapping furiously and performance goes for a loop.

I have three other websites running on this server: RT 1.07, ezPublish
(which uses PHP4) and the default static web site.

Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, the version of RT2 that I'm using is 1.3.101.

Kind regards
Lance