[rt-devel] [rt-users] Re: one user in different queues

Frank Lange Frank.Lange at modcomp.de
Wed Mar 7 03:19:27 EST 2001

> My Problem:
> Some persons are user in different queues. There is a problem when
> they loggged out on the same computer/browser from a queue and
> login in another queue with the appropriate user-account.
> This user can't work with rt. He come automaticly to the login-site
from
> rt.
> I think the cookie was set for the first login-user.

        Why do you need them to have different usernames in different
        queues?  Couldn't they just access both queues from the same
        user account?

The problem comes up when the user and admin want to use the
same queue from one computer/browser. They can't without the trick with
the two browsers. Or: The Coworker is user in queue A and B. He has
only one browser on hie Laptop.

> Is there a way to solve this problem. Perhaps to disable the
> cookie-settings.

        I tend to run a different browser when I need to do things
        like this -- for example, I use Netscape most of the time,
        and run MSIE when I need entirely seperate access to the same
        site.  (No need to get into a discussion regarding whether
        Netscape or MSIE is "better," it works the other way around
        as well -- or you can use Opera or anything else.)

That's my way too. But there must be a more elegant way to solve this
situation.
The user must use the rt without such tricks. I want offer a simple
solution
for 'stupidly' user.

bye
Frank