[rt-devel] Apache config with symlinks?

Jonas Liljegren jonas at liljegren.org
Fri Mar 30 02:24:50 EST 2001

Sanity <sanity at fretzel.net> writes:

> Someone on this list mentioned a few weeks back that they had RT 1.3.x
> running in apache with symlinks and a .htaccess file instead of using the
> virtual config setup. Could you possibly post your config to the list?
> Thanks in advance.

I did. :)

I have a rt2 dir placed in /tools/rt2 on a apache server.  That's the
symlink:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     rit            25 mar  9 15:58 rt2 -> /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html

.htaccess in the rt2 dir consists of:

  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason

This line could be placed in .htaccess but should be placed in the
main apache configuration in order to preload the needed modules and
thus speed up the pages:

  PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl

And all this requires mod_perl and that you have configured apache to
allow this. I'm not sure if you need to turn on Options +ExecCGI.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://jonas.liljegren.org/myself/en/index.html