[rt-devel] RT2 bugs and comments

ivan ivan-rt-devel at 420.am
Fri Mar 30 07:50:06 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:57:48AM -0500, Jesse wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 04:16:49PM +0200, Arthur de Jong wrote:
> >
> > The "Open tickets (from listing) in seperate window" and "Display each
> > ticket in its own window" in the Preferences do not seem to work. When I
> > select a checkbox and press "Submit" the value is not saved. The checkboxes
> > in the resulting page are not selected and I cannot detect any change in
> > function of RT (on which page should there be any change anyway?).
>

> *nod* That was some code tobias prototyped that never got implemented.
> I suspect that if it looks like it's going to take me
> more than 30 minutes to get all happy, it's going to get yanked
> until it can be done right for 2.2

it looks like it tries to update stuff in the users Apache::Session
session, which won't work right at all; users are expecting these to be
persistant.  I yanked it for my first release and as you know I'm waiting
for your notes on how you'd like user preferences implemented.  I also
added a warning about ACLs if a user who isn't permitted to `ModifySelf'
tries to edit their signature, as "I can't edit my .signature" became my
#1 FAQ.

--
meow
_ivan