[rt-devel] RT 1.3.48

ivan ivan-rt-devel at 420.am
Thu May 3 18:59:48 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 11:57:41AM -0400, Alex Pilosov wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> Sorry for replying to this old email, but I just noticed that DBD::Pg
> 0.98 has my patch to fix bytea support, so I hope it'll be at least an
> option to stick mime files directly as bytea fields. ;)

I agree, but we'll have to wait for Jesse to get back to actually
make it happen in the official source.  :)

Thanks for bearing with me being pigheaded about getting DBD::Pg to behave
like a proper DBD.  The author was unresponsive to patches for a while
there, I was getting worried, but this and the 64k placeholder bug seem to
be resolved.

You'll need to update the BinarySafeBLOBs subroutine in
DBIx::SearchBuilder Handle/Pg.pm, and you'll need to update your schema.
If you're doing a fresh RT installation you'll need DBIx::DBSchema from
CVS (Jesse, poke me whenever you like and I'll do a CPAN release) and
you'll need to run `make genschema' in the RT tree.

I'd be curious to know how it works out for you.

> -alex
>
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, ivan wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > You shouldn't have to decode data after getting it out of the database.
> > Similarly, you shouldn't have to encode or quote data when using
> > placeholders.
>

> > If you'd like to fix this problem, provide a fix to DBD::Pg that speaks to
> > the backend correctly and post it to pgsql-interfaces at postgresql.org and
> > dbi-dev at perl.org.  RT is *not* the place to fix these problems.  Have a
> > nice day.
> Done. ;)