[rt-devel] SourceForge for RT add-ons?

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Mon Dec 30 20:35:54 EST 2002

* Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com> [2002-12-30 14:43]:

> --- Bruce Campbell <bruce_campbell at ripe.net> wrote:
> > Hrm.  Just to forstall anyone getting too far ahead of themselves, I've
> > started the process of creating 'rt-addons' on Source Forge.
>
> fine, here's the proposal of CVS directory structure:
>
> htdocs/
> rt2-addons/
>     utils/
>     ScripActions/
>     ScripConditions/
> rt3-addons/

I had a feeling that perhaps the addons themselves should be the
top-level modules:

  htdocs/
  addons/
    AutoAssign/
      rt2/
      rt3/
    AutoReplySquelch/
      rt2/
      rt3/
    GroupService/
      rt2/
      rt3/
    Keywords/
      rt2/
      rt3/
    LDAPTicket/
      rt2/
      rt3/

And so on (I'm using names from
<http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/> right now), and then each
module could have a 2.0 and 3.0 directory, and possibly a 1.0 directory.
Or, different versions could be CVS branches within the repository.  I
think it might be a mistake to include implementation details such as
version number in the top level of the CVS repository.

Most people who are, or will be, looking through the add-ons aren't going
to be thinking in terms of "I have RT 2.0.15, what can I download?", but
rather:  "I need to integrate LDAP with RT; let's see what's available."
I realize that the current contrib section is set up by version, but the
URL that is distributed for contribs is
<http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/>, which leads you a listing of
what's available.

Thoughts?