[rt-devel] RT add-ons: autoinstaller?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 07:18:49 EST 2002

--- darren chamberlain <darren at boston.com> wrote:
>   htdocs/
>   addons/
>     AutoAssign/
>       rt2/
>       rt3/
>     AutoReplySquelch/
>       rt2/
>       rt3/

this sounds reasonable.

In addition, I could make the autoconf/automake packaging
for the utilities which need some path to install and
need RT paths for library inclusion.

We can package all the utilities into one package, say,
rt-addon-utils.2.0.XX.tar.gz, where 2.0 corresponds to
RT's version, and XX is local release numbering.
The package would contain ./configure and "make install",
with default installation path, say, /usr/local/rt-addons/bin,
and ./configure would search for RT in some well-known places,
like /usr/local/rt* or /opt/rt*, with the option --with-rt=path

Thus we avoid two traps:

-- manualy editing the Perl and RT paths when installing the new utility
-- figuring out where to put those files.

And, of course, people will still be free to download indivifual
files and install them manually.

The CVS path for this would be /addons/utils

Happy New Year, by the way...

Stan