[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Feb 8 18:31:21 EST 2002

My biggest current issues with cvs:

1) CVS doesn't have much in the way of a solution for revision-controlled
disconnected operation. Since I do much of my development away from a network
connection, this is constantly biting me.

2) There isn't a way to move files within the repository while preserving
history. This is relatively annoying on a regular basis.

and

3) I can't easily work on a private branch of something for a customer
and later integrate it into the repository while preserving the revision
history of that branch.