[rt-devel] hacking on rt.

alex at paix.pilosoft.com alex at paix.pilosoft.com
Fri Feb 8 13:40:55 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> 1) CVS doesn't have much in the way of a solution for revision-controlled
> disconnected operation. Since I do much of my development away from a network
> connection, this is constantly biting me.
CVSup is your friend. If you are very careful, you can have
revision-controlled "sub"-repository which gets all changes from master
via cvsup, but keeps its own changes.

See this page for details:
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~nanbor/CVSUP/cvs-repo-sync.html

I had this setup for awhile, (for freebsd and postgresql sources), and it
worked fine.

Of course, you can't _preserve_ your revision history when integrating
back into main tree (your point #3)...

-alex