[rt-devel] CVS commit add-on

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Feb 9 00:33:29 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 06:29:13PM -0600, Rob Walker wrote:
> How useful is the CVS commit add-on?  I mean, I think it will be very useful
> if we get stuck using CVS.  ;-)

I find it very useful when working with CVS, but I'm the author so I'm
supposed to say that.

> However, should I use it (a strong tie-in  between CVS and rt) as a 'plus' for CVS?

Well, there's no reason an equivalent couldn't get written for any other version
control system.  Whatever I move RT development to will likely get a similar
script or set of scripts.  If you need something _now_ or are looking at moving
to something other than what I eventually pick, I'd be happy to talk to you
about putting together an equivalent handler for your version control
system of choice.

	-j