[rt-devel] Adding a third Web interface to RT 2

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Wed Jan 9 08:31:19 EST 2002

RT2 has two Web interfaces: the default interface, for privileged users,
and the SelfService interface, for non-privileged users.

I want to have a third interface for privileged users who aren't members
of a certain group, making the default interface only accessible to
members of that group.

I've managed to modify RT's autohandler so that only the root user has
access to the default interface as follows:

    # If the user isn\'t privileged, they can only see SelfService
    if ((! $session{'CurrentUser'}->Privileged) and
	($m->base_comp->path !~ '^/SelfService/') ) {
	$m->comp('/SelfService/index.html');
	$m->abort();
    # If the user is trying to access an area other than SelfService or
    # Staff but isn't in root, they should see Staff
    } elsif ( ($m->base_comp->path !~ '^/SelfService/') and
        ($m->base_comp->path !~ '^/Staff/') and
        ($session{'CurrentUser'}->Name ne 'root') ) {
        $m->comp('/Staff/index.html');
	$m->abort();
    } else {
	$m->call_next;
    }

However, I want to modify this code so that all members of the specified
group have access instead of just root.  I've looked through
RT::CurrentUser and RT::User but can't figure out how to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom