[rt-devel] RT 2.1.8

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Mon May 13 18:00:36 EDT 2002

  |+ Keep good backups. I've not yet experienced any corruption, even during
  |+ power failures during write to the DB, but I can't guarantee anything.
  |+ Once the schema stabilizes a bit, I'll do a current postgres schema,
  |+ which should run cleanly on 7.2.  I very much expect Mysql 4.0 to be GM
  |+ before the next stable branch of RT.

I hope so.  I have seem some quirky problems with 4.x with some of our
applications.  Although we do keep good backups, on the 4.x server, we
backup even more.

During a recent billing cycle, our sql server experienced a crash.  once
the machine was brought back up, we had lost ~2 weeks of billing
data.  Luckily, we do keep backups, and we run 3.23 in parallel with 4.x
just to be safe.

Our billing database averages about 3600 rows per customer per month,
multipled by ~25 customers who has billing processed by this system.

-darrin