[rt-devel] Translation Problems.

Gustavo Chaves gustavo at cpqd.com.br
Thu Nov 28 06:41:21 EST 2002

  Rafael> Hi, I'm using RT 2.1.48 and I access it in my own language
  Rafael> (as expected witch is brazilian portuguese) but I also
  Rafael> noticed some problems in some caracters specially on
  Rafael> combined caracters like "A acute" (á). all accented
  Rafael> caracters have the same problems. I tried to change directly
  Rafael> at file "/opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N/pt_br.po" but I didn't have
  Rafael> success. How can I make those caracters to be shown as
  Rafael> expected?  Is it fixed on RT 2.1.50?

I contributed the Brazilian Portuguese translation but I'm not keeping
pace with RT development I'm sad to say.  I just downloaded the last
version and compared the pt_bt.po file with the fr.po and they seem to
agree in the encoding of accented characters (UTF-8).  Could you try
the French or the Spanish translation to see if the display problem
persists?

BTW, I've just counted 346 non-translated entries in it and I'll try
to translate them in the next few days.  I'd appreciate if you send
comments and criticisms about the translation proper directly to me.

Até,

Gustavo.