[rt-devel] RT 2.1.41 - INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE

Autrijus Tang autrijus at autrijus.org
Sat Nov 30 00:58:23 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 02:42:27AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> I warned that it might be coming, but it did actually happen.
> RT 2.1.41 includes a number of incompatible cleanups to the ACL system.
> The new ACL system is more flexible and extensible. (The reasons for
> this should become apparent over the next couple months.)
>
> If you've got an RT 2.1.40 or older 2.1 instance, just upgrading is
> going to bite you really hard. I mean REALLY hard.

It took a few lines of SQL code to finish the transition here:

UPDATE ACL SET ObjectId = 1 WHERE ObjectId = 0;
UPDATE ACL SET Domain = 'RT::Queue' WHERE Domain = 'Queue';
UPDATE ACL SET Domain = 'RT::System' WHERE Domain = 'System';
UPDATE Groups SET Domain = 'RT::Queue-Role' WHERE Domain = 'QueueRole';
UPDATE Groups SET Domain = 'RT::System-Role' WHERE Domain = 'SystemRole';
UPDATE Groups SET Domain = 'RT::Ticket-Role' WHERE Domain = 'TicketRole';

Thanks,
/Autrijus/