[rt-devel] Indicies to add to RT3

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Thu Aug 7 12:00:45 EDT 2003

I've posted this on the users list -- no response there. I'm now posting
this to rt-devel with hopes that there's a power user on it who is not
on the users list who will share the indexes they've added to make their
install of RT3 run faster.

One such example: In order to speed searches on custom fields we just
added an index to the TicketCustomFieldValues table. This made the
search time go from over 10 minutes to under half a second. We have 8500
tickets and 12,500 TicketCustomFieldValues. Jesse himself plans to add
this index based on my info.

If you prefer, feel free to email me directly what you've done, I can
then test any suggested indexes and compiling a list of the top
performance boosters for Jesse and post it to both lists.

Please- take the time to share if you've improved performance using
indexes. It will make the product better and save others the time of
researching the same problem.

Matt Simonsen