[rt-devel] August Release of the Statistics Package for RT3

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri Aug 22 03:43:08 EDT 2003

On Freitag, 22. August 2003, at 9:01 Uhr, G. Richard Bellamy wrote:

> [...]

There was an error in the old version in the way I generated the
content header, which broke display for some people out there.
Yesterday's version should have that fixed thanks to Autrijus Tang. Did
You try that?

> Even though I'm 90% sure this is a server-side issue, I've looked at
> the
> site with RedHat Mozilla, Safari, Opera, Mac IE5.2 and IE6, to no
> avail.

I am testing this successfully with Safari on OS X, and I guess that
any problems are browser independent, in other words: It's possibly my
fault.

> Could this be a FastCGI problem?

Definitely not. We had moved from mod_perl to fastcgi when I was
basically rebuilding all the necessary parts for RT3 from scratch on
our RH9 box.

> Are you developing on a mod_perl box? I
> had many problems with RH9 perl, and ended up moving to Debian, where I
> also had issues with mod_perl as a DSO, and I was hesitant to spend
> much
> more time recompiling apache - I'm not terribly proficient at that part
> of OpenSource yet. So... I went the FastCGI way, since it was all about
> config files.

I am still developing on the machine mentioned above, which will be
upgraded to debian soonish.

> HOWEVER, your stats package would be enough to move me, possibly, in
> the
> direction of recompiling apache with mod_perl, et. al., and the extra
> work.

Which version of libgd is installed? Does it fit Your GD::Graph module?

> Thank you for your attention.

I am sorry that I am not of more help, but this is 'my first'
publically available piece of work, originally by Simon Cozens, and I
am still new to alot of this kind of business.

Regards,
     Harald Wagener