[rt-devel] initial report on rt 2.1.70 on debian

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 13 11:49:52 EST 2003

> Is this normal? This machine only has 128MB of RAM, so maybe that's why it
> seems so much slower. Granted, a lot of the VSZ is shared memory, but the
> RSS is still quite large.

That's really not a whole lot of RAM. I'd expect RT to be slow as a dog
on a box like that. Pop up the ram a bit and you'll be mcuh happier.

> 2) The $LogoURL configuration parameter isn't used by html/Elements/Header.
> I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. :)

Not really intentional, but I should probably pull the LogoURL parameter
from the config file.

> 3) How does Approval work? A quick search of the archives yields a post
> back in October talking about the use of scrips to configure it, but it's
> not self-evident from the interface. Is this a UI element that's not
> actively used yet?

I've got an appointment with the tech writer this afternoon ;)

�|� http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.