[rt-devel] rt2->rt3 1.5 deficiencies.

J. Sloan js138 at eng.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 09:38:28 EST 2003

Hmm.  The rt2-rt3 migration process doesn't appear to be as functional as
I had hoped.  I have successfully uploaded 1200 odd tickets worth of data
from my RT2 server into RT3.  However it doesn't seem to have preserved
quite a bit of information.

That is - all of my scrips have failed to be translated - for the ones
using non-standard conditions or calling non-standard actions this is
expected, but none have made it through.  This is a shame.

The second thing I have noticed is that none of my templates have made it
through the warp.

If these are features, then it might be worth documenting them as such.
That said I can't see why Templates shouldn't be preserved.

While none of these are earth-shattering, it does rather increase the
downtime for a migration if these things have to be patched up by hand -
creating 7 scrips for multiple queues can be a tad time consuming and
error prone.  I guess I'll have to investigate more automated methods.

John