[rt-devel] RestrictionValues Function...

Matt Knopp mhat at netlag.com
Sun Feb 23 22:51:41 EST 2003

So Perl has this feature where the last variable on the stack is returned
as the lvalue for a given function/method.  Some programmers like to take
advantage of this "feature".

For example:
   sub add {
       my ($x, $y) = @_;
       $x+$y;
   }

   print "-> ", add(1,2), "\n";

Will print out:
   -> 3

Personally I don't see what is so hard about typing return(...) but then
again I also don't understand why people buy honda civics and then spend
$20k on them without improving the performance. Heh.

Anyway, RestrictionValues(...) is going to return whatever the call to
map() returns.  It's /magic/.

--
Matt