[rt-devel] rt-3.0.4: Can't call method "handle_request"

Casey West casey at geeknest.com
Thu Jul 17 15:45:25 EDT 2003

It was Thursday, July 17, 2003 when Casey West took the soap box, saying:
: Sadly, this doesn't have anything to do with this thread:
:   http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-December/thread.html#2778
:
: I've tried a number of things, but I'm stuck.
:
: I've run webmux.pl from the command line, and it works fine.  I've
: done some startup debugging, and $ah is initialized and useable on
: startup.  However, when handling a request I get the following error
: in the log:
:
:   [Thu Jul 17 12:51:19 2003] [error] Can't call method
:   "handle_request" on an undefined value at
:   /usr/local/rt/bin/webmux.pl line 118.
:
: What could be causing $ah to become undef between startup and the
: request phase?

Just to follow up, I can reproduce the problem on the command line
too, after (temporarily) commenting out line 115.

perl -e'do "bin/webmux.pl";RT::Mason->handler()'
[Thu Jul 17 19:40:27 2003] [crit]: Can't call method "handle_request"
on an undefined value at bin/webmux.pl line 119.
 (/usr/local/rt/lib/RT.pm:242)

So the problem wouldn't be with mod_perl, would it?

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with ASP
You try to shoot yourself in the foot, however the most advanced thing