[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] Performance Issue - RT 3.xx

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 15:48:59 EDT 2003

> > > 1) make sure you've tuned your datbase to use memory most effectively
> > what would be an effective number ? I have 4G Memory on a 420R with 4 450Mhz CPU
> > X UltraSPARC-II 450MHz)

my 2 cents here:

We gave up tuning our 1xUltraSPARC-II 400 Mhz with 1GB RAM, and
now it's running fine on P-4 2GHz/FreeBSD.

The CPU itself isn't that bad, but GCC optimisation seems to produce
suboptimal code.
RT2.0 was running quite well on 400MHz Sun, but
version 3 requires a bigger engine.

That was RT version near to 3.0.1, and a ticket display with a dozen of
e-mail correspondence parts took 11-12 seconds. Now it's down to 2 seconds.

Cheers,
Stan