[rt-devel] RE: [rt-users] Restore root password for rt3.0

Kataria, Jitender . Jitender.Kataria at us.ngrid.com
Tue Jul 29 18:30:36 EDT 2003

Jeff

Thanks for the reply .
I tried to set the password with the MD5 option , it is still not
working . Infact I noticed
with MD5 it is setting the pasword whose  length ( in envcrypted format)
is too long , longer then the reqular user . Do I need to use someother
encryption formation to change the password in RT3.0.4

Here is  the data  from the Users table

| root      | 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 |
| test      | dDBr7H7iUYUA6VzlLPolkA           |
| test1     | gZrvD5/q9BCeqAvcs9SFMA           |

Thanks
Jitender