[rt-devel] RE: comments on my active directory experience

Senoner Samuel Samuel.Senoner at eurac.edu
Wed Jul 30 03:40:11 EDT 2003

This is a part of my autohandler, I used this to activate do an
Externaluserinfo lookup:

# If RT is configured for external auth, let's get REMOTE_USER
elsif ($RT::WebExternalAuth and length($ENV{'REMOTE_USER'})) {
    my $orig_user = $user;

    $user = $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};
    $session{'CurrentUser'} = RT::CurrentUser->new();
    my $load_method = $RT::WebExternalGecos ? 'LoadByGecos' : 'Load';

    if ($^O eq 'MSWin32' and $RT::WebExternalGecos) {
        my $NodeName = Win32::NodeName();
        $user =~ s/^\Q$NodeName\E\\//i;
    }

    $session{'CurrentUser'}->$load_method($user);

    if ($RT::WebExternalAuto and !$session{'CurrentUser'}->Id() ) {
        # Create users on-the-fly with default attributes

        my $UserObj = RT::User->new(RT::CurrentUser->new('root'));

        #Lines inserted for LDAP User Lookup

        my %UserInfo = ();
        my $ UserFoundInExternalDatabase;
        ( $UserFoundInExternalDatabase, %UserInfo) =
             RT::EmailParser::LookupExternalUserInfo($user, $user);

        my ($val, $msg) = $UserObj->Create(
            %{ref($RT::AutoCreate) ? $RT::AutoCreate : {}},
            Name         => $user,
            Gecos        => $user,
            %UserInfo    #added by SeS
        );

LookupExternalUserInfo is in EmailParser_Local, but this function is
also in Emailparser, but empty.
So, I think, it whouldn't be bad to insert this code in the
distribution, because I saw that there are many interested in
externallookup?
Jesse?

I also had to add in /usr/share/perl5/HTML/Mason/Request.pm a use
RT::EmailParser, so autohandler is able to call the lookupfunction.

Also the change in the normal user creation whould be interesting, I
already sent it, also as bug, this whould be interesting so anyone who
has an externallookup functions can only insert this function in
EmaiParser_Local and a controlled rest of the system.

Samuel