[rt-devel] New Release of the Statistics package

Brett Randall brett.randall at hillsong.com
Wed Jul 30 20:22:19 EDT 2003

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to rewrite this great stats package for
RT3... A few issues/suggestions:

1. The charts do not work for me. GD::Graph is installed fine and I
can use the module fine with no errors, however the charts just will
not show in any browser. If I try and open the image directly in a
browser, I get the PNG header and a bunch of binary that LOOKS like
it could be an image, however I cannot open it so it must be
broken. Is there any way of debugging what the prob is? I've tried
both the libgd1 and libgd2 libraries (and corresponding perl
modules) with the same problem with both.

2. I'd LOVE to be able to generate stats for a certain time span, eg
generate charts for March 1-31, April 1-30, May 1-31, etc and put
them side-by-side to look at trends. I know this wouldn't be hard to
do... What are the chances of this feature coming out soon? If the
chances are small, I may start looking into RT development to see if
I can do it... (I'm a perl programmer by trade but have never looked
in any depth at RT's code).

Thanks!

Brett.
--
One way to make your old car run better is to look up the price of a new model.