[rt-devel] web services interface

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 10 17:15:39 EST 2003

> > I'm very interested in hooking the Insect up to an external task service, is
> > there an ETA on the web service interface or maybe a WSDL doc?  Also, do you
> > have a public demo I can hit to play around with?
>
> hmm... depending on requests  i'll start working on encapsulating RT
> into SOAP (a python/gtk GUI using this SOAP interface may follow) so
> that it is possible to access RT (at least partially) from webpages
> written in PHP or Java or ......

The internal web-services API that we're working on is going to be
REST-based. It's based on simple GET/POST requests and squirts things
back to the client as RFC-822 formatted messages. It was designed to be
easy to implement and work with, even from simple shell scripts.  We're
expecting the initial version to be available within the next couple
weeks. That said, I'd be thrilled to see a prototype SOAP interface, with an eye
toward eventually providing it in core. Do you want to start with basic
ticket display/create/update?

	Best,
	Jesse