[rt-devel] MySQL Performance issues with RT 2-1-xx

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 14 14:02:25 EST 2003

It occurs to me that it hasn't recently been stressed enough that MySQL
itself _must_ be configured to take advantage of system memory. Out of
the box, it comes configured to use something like 64mb of RAM. The more
ram you let mysql have, the faster it will be. It's also worth moving up
to a more recent mysql (4.0.9+) and enabling mysql's built in "Query
Cache" which is known to give a huge performance boost for certain types
of applications.

	Jesse