[rt-devel] RT vs RTFM?

Lorens Kockum rt-dev-id-48 at lists.lorens.org
Mon Mar 17 13:19:38 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:39:58PM -0500, Art Morales wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I seem to be confused now... I thought RT and RTFM where the same
> thing... But I've seen references to RT3 and RTFM2-beta... Could someone
> shed some light on my ignorance?

:-) See if I've got this right.

RT is Request Tracker.

RTFM is a much older acronym meaning Read The F...ummm Fine Manual.

RT/FM, the slash being dropped for filenames, is an extension
(?) to RT that implements a knowledge base. Basically when you
have the same support request five times a day, it sweetens your
life.

Have I got it right?

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum