[rt-devel] Our RT3.0 experience

Bram at barnesmorgan.com Bram at barnesmorgan.com
Thu Mar 20 11:59:58 EST 2003

Hello,

We are using RT2.0 for a several months now and we are *very* happy about
it.

We tried RT3 today and have some comments regarding the layout.
The layout is very complex. The main font is a little bit too small in
most browsers and it isn't possible to make it bigger in MSIE. We also
don't like the old background colors in the title areas in combination
with the blue layout.

A more clear menu is definitely an good idea, but... The menu on the left
side makes the main area too small. Sometimes it is difficult to
distinguish the different levels in the menu. Maybe a menu on top of the
page is a good solution ?

The larger tables make everything feel much slower then the old RT.

Because everybody in our office preferred RT2 over RT3, we downgraded our
installation back to RT2....

RT3 has nice new features (we also didn't find any bugs in it) but the
layout is really a stumbling block.

Greets,
Bram Vandoren.