[rt-devel] RT 3.0.2(pre6) error on complex multipart message

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Tue May 13 08:23:40 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 06:22:02AM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:17:37PM +0200, Harald Wagener wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We got a ticket today which cannot be displayed in the web ui (see error
> > below). This is probably because it is a pile of nested mime parts. Trying to
> > access the ticket leads to an internal server error, and RT is unusable
> > afterwards unless apache is restarted.

A bit more prodding showa that it suffices to kill the offending perl process.
I did the following:

- on the search results page: click the offending ticket's ID -> perl process running amok
- kill perl process, reload search page fine
- on the search results page: click the offending ticket's Subject -> can access ticket

Ticket is now resolved and won't show up in searches again soon...

> So. that looks like a timeout error. Please, send me a copy of that
> message personally and I can try to dig out what's going on.

Let's just add that this is a mail server error message forwarded by a netscape
4.7 user pertaining to a reply that includes the original message as an
attachment (all in all, mutt lists 11 mime-parts). Did I mention it's all in german?

Regards,
    Harald