[rt-devel] Slow queries, part 2, custom fields

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 2 06:40:56 EDT 2003

Iain Price wrote:
> Table types, hmm gosh i'll have to work out how to do that - the db was
> built by the install script for rt 3.0.2

mysqlshow -i rt3

> Dunno if this is right, but a mysqldump rt3 dumps create statements
> ending in Type=MyISAM... i dont really know anything about table types
> in mysql tho, i'd not even considered this :)  should i be changing
> something? :) (how? lol)

alter table <foo> type=innodb
(from memory)

however if you have MyISAM tables created by the RT3 install script,
your mysqld probably doesn't have InnoDB table support. :-( Check
your my.cnf to make sure it's enabled....
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630