[rt-devel] Re: [rt-users] postgres slowdowns? (pg 7.3.4, rt 3.0.4)

Justin Hawkins justin at internode.com.au
Thu Oct 16 21:10:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 08:54:27PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> > Most importantly, I don't know how I can do database specific things in
> > DBIx::SearchBuilder - or is that even desirable?
>
> Have a look at searchbuilder 0.93_01. This already does ILIKE instead of
> LIKE for postgres. Having read a bit more about ILIKE, I'm not convinced
> that it's actually going to be faster than apropriate functional
> indices. (We should probably continue this on rt-devel)

OK let me go away and try the new version of searchbuilder and see what I
can come up with.

Also, I beleive even as it is right now, postgres is getting it wrong in
some way - either it's not using the functional index that we tried creating,
or it is not using it right.

I might see if I can look into that.

	- Justin