[rt-devel] rt3 on redhat 9 (using rpms)

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu Oct 16 22:33:20 EDT 2003

Mixo Shiburi wrote:
> Subroutine validate_with redefined at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux//Params/ValidatePP.pm line 281.

> Oct 15 16:34:47 localhost RT: Use of uninitialized value in numeric ne
> (!=) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line
>
> Most of the required perl modules were met using RPMS from
>   http://www.quantumlinux.com/~kevin/rpmpan/
> which are intended for perl 5.6.1 -- a grave worry.

> Is this setup safe to use? Should I be concerned about those message I
> got from the import?
>
> My setup
>   redhat 9
>   perl 5.8.0 (from redhat)
>   rt-3.0.6
>   mysql 3.23
>   apache2

You're not using perl 5.8.0 according to the above. Pick a perl and
use it. Preferably 5.8.0; 5.6.1 is known to be broken and officially
discouraged for RT.

Also note that mysql 3.23 is similarly discouraged, and likely to
cause you much pain as RT's support for it rots away.
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630