[rt-devel] rt3 on redhat 9 (using rpms)

Mixo Shiburi mixo at coza.net.za
Fri Oct 17 04:04:53 EDT 2003

Phil Homewood wrote:
> You're not using perl 5.8.0 according to the above. Pick a perl and
> use it. Preferably 5.8.0; 5.6.1 is known to be broken and officially
> discouraged for RT.

I am using perl 5.8.0, with PERLIB envrinoment set as :
    perlpath=/usr/lib/perl5
   export
PERLLIB=$PERLLIB:$perlpath/5.6.1:$perlpath/site_perl/5.6.1:$perlpath/vendor_perl/5.6.1:$perlpath/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux

This would be the reason for perl5.6.1 showing up in error messages.
> Also note that mysql 3.23 is similarly discouraged, and likely to
> cause you much pain as RT's support for it rots away.
Unfortunately I am trying to stick to redhat supplied packages as much
as possible due to the registration on RHN. But if there are compelling
reasons, then moving away from those packages is a possibilty.