[rt-devel] rt still runs the same SQL query hundreds of times for one request

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Wed Feb 25 20:29:54 EST 2004

I sent in a report of why this happens (and a fix), but I regret to inform you
that the patch doesn't help significantly (at least with postgresql and our
configuration, which is mod_perl 1).   We have a dual-1.4 GHz PPC OS X
machine with 1.5 GB RAM running RT, and RT is not exactly a speed demon, but
it is (barely) acceptable for our purposes.   I think the redundant queries
may be a red herring for your performance problems, i.e. something else is
the bottleneck.

-Kevin