[rt-devel] performance problems

Andrew Stribblehill a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk
Thu Jan 15 12:30:44 EST 2004

Quoting Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> (2004-01-15 14:54:53 GMT):

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 03:27:46AM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a pretty old piece of hardware: Dual Pentium III @ 450 MHz. 786 MB
> > RAM, but I've never had real performance problems with it before, not until
> > RT came along.
>
> Nowhere do you say what version of RT and DBIx::SearchBuilder you're
> running. It's quite important that you be up to date with both and that
> you follow the upgrade instructions for adding new indices. If you're
> running the current searchbuilder and you're seeing the exact same SQL
> query that many times, it sounds like there's something wrong. It would
> be useful to know what page is causing the repeated queries.

I had this problem too with 3.0.8 and SBr 0.96. It took me 5 minutes
to view a ticket and seemed reproducible. The database was on a
different host and is running Postgres 7.2.1.

I tried it out with a colleague's MySQL database -- he gave me r/o
access to his RT data -- and it flew.

Then I went back to my Postgres to chase up the bug, and the problem
mysteriously vanished.

Sorry this report isn't very useful.

--
CROMARTY
SOUTHEAST BACKING NORTHEAST 4 OR 5. SHOWERS. GOOD