[rt-devel] Re: rt CLI on rt-3-0-8

Abhijit Menon-Sen ams at wiw.org
Sat Jan 24 02:35:50 EST 2004

At 2004-01-19 20:59:20 -0500, iqbala at qwestip.net wrote:

> RT/3.0.5 200 Ok
>
> ticket/104289
> ticket/168706
> ticket/183289
> ticket/187265
> ticket/202615
> ticket/202695
> ticket/202716
>
> rt: Malformed RT response from http://x.y.z.net.

I can't see why bin/rt thinks this response is malformed. I ran the code
by hand with your response, and saw no problems. Could you please try to
find out what the problem is by stepping through the submit() function?
In particular, start with the "if ($res->is_success)" around line 729.
(Print out $head/$text/$status after the two split()s.)

At 2004-01-20 09:37:51 +0000, a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk wrote:

>          my ($head, $text) = split /\n\n/, $res->content, 2;
> +       $head =~ s/^\s+//;
>          my ($status, @headers) = split /\n/, $head;
>          $text =~ s/\n*$/\n/;
>
> It was necessary for 3.0.7-01 and the patch at least still applies to
> 3.0.8 though I didn't test whether it was necessary.

I don't understand why this is necessary, or what use it would be in the
problem reported above. In any case, the server shouldn't send the extra
whitespace, so that should be fixed first.

-- ams