[Rt-devel] Query Builder, Saved Searches

Josh Levinger josh.levinger at dartware.com
Thu Jul 1 11:58:38 EDT 2004

I've just upgraded to 3.2.0, in the hopes of loving the new powerful
query builder. Unfortunately, all the old bookmarks I made are broken,
and the queries must be rebuilt. This is understandable, but the new
search interface is taking some getting used to.

Is query builder documented somewhere? The "or" button doesn't seem to
create an OR query, and it takes skillful use of the left/right buttons
to simplify the search logic. I'm sure this is a more powerful,
extensible search mechanism, but it does precisely what I tell it to,
not what I want it to. The old feature divined what I wanted, and just
found the tickets.

There is no way to quickly get back to saved searches. I understand
that the searches can be saved _inside_ RT, but this takes at least
three clicks, and three slow reloads, to get to. Can I somehow put the
"bookmarkable url" back? RSS feeds are cool, but I'd like to stay
inside the browser for both my ticket searching and responding.

I've gotten the attached error several times when merely poking around
the Query Builder, and not asking it to do anything out of the
ordinary. It appears to be an unimplemented attribute, unrelated to any
of my onsite customizations.