[Rt-devel] RT 3.0.11 Release Canddiate 1

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu May 6 16:14:35 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:46:12AM +0200, Paul Wagland wrote:
> Hi Jesse and all,
>
> I just downloaded RT 3.1.15 to have a bit of a look... the RT at
> http://rt3.fsck.com/ looks very nice, and looks like it has several
> things that would make it worth upgrading :-) Many many kudos Jesse!
>
> I had a look at UPGRADING, and it mentions nothing about any database
> changes... But doing a diff, I see that there is one extra table, and a
> few indexes on that table. My question is, will it be possible to run
> both RT 3.0.x and 3.1.x on the same databases without corruptions?

If you type "make upgrade" it will tell you the commands you need to run
after doing the "make upgrade." RT will automatically add the relevant
table.  We've switched back and forth between RT 3.0 and RT 3.1 a few
times and been happy with the results, though RT 3.0 will display the
full message for any outgoing mail sent by RT 3.1. (3.1 displays a
oneliner)