SV: [Rt-devel] No multithreading?

Hans K hk at circlestorm.org
Fri May 14 07:35:06 EDT 2004

> FastCgiServer   /usr/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 300
> -processes 4 -init-start-delay 30
> (On one line)
>
> It did wonders here..  Still waiting for some traffic to really get
> a look at wether or not it solved the problems completely.
> But it sure did get faster!

Well, this is the single best performance improvement for RT3 that
I know of..

I did not tell my co-workers that I changed anything, but today several
of them has commented on how fast en error-free RT has been today.
Also, RT no longer switches to the alternative "theme" with white
background and generally less fancy design. It seems like it did so
whenever there were more than one request at a time. Is this a
"feature"?

And Average cpu load has went down from ~12% to ~3%. I don't understand
why the cpu load should go down, but I guess it might have to do with
there beeing several requests on a single process.

So please put this bit of knowledge into a faq or even the
installation guide for those using rt w/fastcgi.

I also tried this trick on a customer server that uses fastcgi and it
improved performance by a large degree there too..

-HK