SV: [Rt-devel] No multithreading?

Matt Knopp mhat at netlag.com
Fri May 14 11:39:56 EDT 2004

Right, so I should get around to giving jesse my changes to make RT use
a perl based fcgi process manager rather then the standard one. Having
the fcgi process manager in perl has two main advantages:

  1. Processes init a great deal faster because perl is only having to
     suck in and compile all the modules once, then it forks sharing
     that data w/ the child processes; viz-a-viz doing this N times,
     where N is equal to the number of servers running.

  2. Memory usage is a bit less offensive since common non-changing
     bits will be available via the parent. See copy-on-write, etc.

--Matt