[Rt-devel] 3.4.0rc1 slow

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Jan 8 16:01:56 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:57:17AM -0500, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 12:28:49AM -0500, David Kerry wrote:
> > Ok - my mistake - I hadn't done an analyze on the tables/indexes when I ran
> > that (was taking 30+ seconds without the analyze to bring up the query page).
>
> I did wonder about this area, because it's something I know was
> recently improved.  But this one. . .
>
> > Simply bringing up the tickets->query builder page generates over 129 sql
> > queries ?!  19 of those queries took between 400 and 600ms apiece.  That's
>
> . . . is, according to one of the DBAs in my group at work, primarily
> due to the way the ACLs are processed.  So, more objects for
> permissions entails more queries, and the delay expands linearly
> accorfdingly.  We are also finding that screen to make the system
> extremely hard to use.

I'd love to see suggestions about how we can improve the search UI
without completely breaking it for users of downlevel browsers. (Which
means that pretty javascript hacks and popup windows are pretty much
right out.) Would people be satisfied if the pick lists for users and
groups were transformed into text entry widgets?