[Rt-devel] RT 3.5.2 now available

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 20 21:03:24 EDT 2005

Joby Walker wrote:
> I'm not sure but there has to be some savings that can be gained by
> reworking the top line (search, new ticket, logged in as, pref, logout)
> and the main blue menu:
>
>   * there are two "Preferences" links that behave in an identical manner

The prefs link by the current logged in user really doesn't take up that
much room, and eliminating any of them would just contribute to the
abundance of whitespace.  :)

>   * the "Simple Search" and Search are the same right?

Yes.  However, if you go to the menu item you'll get a description of
how it works (which matters in some cases).  The form is a shortcut for
experienced users.

Joby Walker wrote (in a second email):
 > One other small issue with the 3.5 interface, on the Ticket View page
 > the transaction title ("RT_System - Outgoing email recorded") is
 > centered so when there are lots of transaction notes (not
 > comments/replies) it looks like RT is trying to display some sort of
 > symbolic nesting.  The 3.4 behavior is much nicer.

It's a very simple CSS change, but you make a good point.

The beauty about the move to CSS is that you'll be able to much more
easily change what you want.

Cheers,
Tom